CRITERIA FOR VOLUNTEERS
The ideal volunteer is mature, flexible, patient, self-motivated, creative, and culturally competent, adapts to new environments easily, and possesses a sense of humor. Ideal Candidates for this Program will:
- Possess an undergraduate or graduate university degree, or a minimum of 1+ work experiences for six months program.
- Continuous student at any university for undergraduate or graduate university degree.
- Must be 19 years of age or older.
- Have an interest in youth leadership, education and environmental service learning.
- Be comfortable traveling to and working independently in remote, rural areas.
- Be proficient in English (reading, writing and conversation) and/or in Kiswahili (reading, writing and conversation).
Helpful to begin Kiswahili lessons prior to arrival.
- Have good writing and interpersonal skills, along with the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously with a high level of attention to detail.
- Enjoy meeting and talking with members of the public/colleagues
- Have experience organizing and leading workshops or training events.
- Prior experience living or working in Africa or a developing country is a plus.
- Be comfortable using local transportation methods, such as dala dalas (local buses).
- Possess a valid driver’s license. Location: The volunteer will be based in the Dar es Salaam metro area.